Blas na hEireann will this year have a dedicated area at The Bite Food Festival, Main Hall, RDS. 18th-20th November 2016. The Bite Food Festival is an Irish Times event run by the team behind the National Crafts & Design Fair.
This year past finalists and winners of Blas na hEireann will have an opportunity to come together at a central point under the Blas na hEireann banner. We are very excited to be taking part in this show and to bring a showcase of Ireland’s very best tasting food and drinks to this growing show.
Bite 2015 in numbers: 15,000 visitors – 100 exhibitors – 4 days
- 80 Artisan Food producers- making everything from cheese to chocolate, organic meats to handmade marshmallows as well as lots of healthy and free-from options.
- 6 Craft Beer Brewers, 6 small batch distillers, 4 Craft Cider makers 3 wine specialists
- 1 pop up seafood restaurant, serving lobster, oysters and cocktails.
- 1 Main Stage featuring demonstrations from well-known chefs and our food and drink producers.
- 1 Hands-On Kitchen with fantastic free cookery classes run by Lynda Booths Dublin Cookery School.
- 1 drinks masterclass, where you could learn about everything from coffee to cocktails.
- 1 Irish Times area with special Q&A’s with various food and wine experts and critics.
Exciting plans for Bite 2016
- The bulk of sales took place on Friday afternoon & on the weekend days. This year Bite will run as a 3 day event this year and concentrate the business into 3 days instead of 4.
- There will be a dedicated trade morning on Friday 18th November.
- There visitor profile at Bite differed from the visitor profile at the National Crafts & Design Fair, it’s a younger age profile, young professionals and families who appreciate the importance of local, seasonal, quality food and drink products.
If you would like to find out more information you can find out more about Blas na hEireann & BITE or contact Karen on 01 6702186 or email email@example.com