There are a very busy few weeks coming up as we prepare for initial judging with locations in Dublin & Cork. We have entries which have come in from all across Ireland and as always we are encouraging food producers to share deliveries for initial judging where you can.
The most important thing for us is that your sample arrives on time, at its very best and ready to be tasted.
- It does not have to be delivered by the producer.
- It can arrive by post, by courier or indeed in a shared delivery with another producer from your locality (In fact this is encouraged!)
If you have a delivery to Blas na hÉireann initial judging and would be interested in getting in touch with another producer from your area let us know…
We can either share your details on this post and on our socials or if you prefer we can simply keep a note and connect you with other producers in the background you may be delivering.
Every year, we are delighted to see more and more producers work together and share the load! (and maybe even build some new relationships with local colleagues in the food business).
If you would like to share delivery email us to firstname.lastname@example.org,
Be sure to include either your producer name or entry number (from that we will know where you are travelling from) and it’s important to let us know if…
- You are travelling and happy to bring another producers delivery
- You are looking to connect with someone who may be travelling
In the meantime some important details for delivery….
Check your dates and locations for delivery
The most important things to remember when prepping for delivery is the following;
- Your entry number must be included on each sample, clearly.
- Please note products can be delivered in their own packaging or plain packaging, we will unpack and prepare for blind tasting
- 3 samples of each product entered are required (In the case where your product is over 1 kilo in weight, please deliver 2 samples only)
- Best Before date must be included with all deliveries
- All chilled products should arrive at the correct temperature for storage and will be checked on delivery
- All products should be delivered with maximum shelf life (although remember these samples will be tasted on the same day)
- Any products which do not adhere to the delivery terms or which are not delivered on time may be disqualified from the competition.
Also, don’t forget that You Chill, We Deliver offer a courier service from Dublin to Cork for Chill, Frozen and Ambient. You can find more details on this here