Blas na hEireann – The Irish Food Awards 2021
1. The Blas na hÉireann awards are open to food producers registered on the island of Ireland.
2. All entries must be produced on the island of Ireland.
3. All entries must be commercially available at the time of entry.
4. All entries must be of the exact standard as the same products available commercially. Please note that we do ask for details of at least one outlet where the products are commercially available and we do conduct mystery shopping on our entries.
5. Particular note to ingredients, all core ingredients which can be of Irish origin and can be readily sourced in Ireland must be both sourced in Ireland and of Irish origin.
6. Please note products should be delivered as they are presented in their packaging to the customer. This should include all labelling which adheres to current legislation.
7. All deliveries should be submitted with the applicable delivery sheet and identifiable by entry number
.8. All entries are tasted blind, the Blas na hEireann team will unpack and prepare for blind tasting.
9. It is the responsibility of the entrant to ensure prompt and safe delivery of entries.
10. It is the responsibility of the entrant to ensure that all foods entered are packed, transported and delivered in a condition that makes them safe and fit for consumption.
11. While Blas na hÉireann will take great care to ensure safe keeping of all entries throughout the judging process, the organisers, serving team and associates cannot be held responsible for this safe keeping.
12. No entries will be returned to entrants, this includes finalist products which are submitted for producer showcase.1
3. Your fees paid includes your membership fees to the Blas na hEireann producers forum for 2021. These fees are non-refundable.
14. No information relating to the identity of any of the judges will be disclosed.
15. All award winners will be announced at the awards ceremony and will also be announced online on www.irishfoodawards.com
16. In all matters regarding the awards, the verdict of the judges is final.
17. Each entry must reach a minimum standard to proceed within the competition.
18. A minimum of 3 samples are to be delivered for each product
19. Where the level of entries in a category is too low, categories can be combined at the discretion of Blas na hEireann. Where the level of entries is sufficient, subcategories may be created at the discretion of Blas na hEireann.
Awards:In addition to Gold, Bronze and Silver Medals in each of the following categories, there will be various other Awards including overall Supreme Champion & Best Artisan*,
Chefs’ Choice** &
*Artisan producer – Artisan/Artisanal The terms ‘artisan’ or ‘artisanal’ or similar descriptions using these terms should only be used on foods or in advertising of foods that can legitimately claim to meet all of the following criteria:
1. The food is made in limited quantities by skilled craftspeople
2. The processing method is not fully mechanised and follows a traditional method
3. The food is made in a micro-enterprise at a single location
4. The characteristic ingredient(s) used in the food are grown or produced locally, where seasonally available and practical More information on https://www.fsai.ie/publications_food_marketing_terms/
**Chefs’ Choice is based on products which would be used in the restaurant or catering trade.
***New Products must be less than 12 months commercially available.