Ahead of the events, there are a few things to do to prepare for the event; Log in to your profile on our online entry system www.irishfoodawards.submit.com. The below tasks will now appear on your profile on our online entry system to be completed ahead of the awards;
- RSVP to our events before Friday 2nd September – Please note all of our events are planned for finalist producers to help you to make the most of reaching this stage. There are no ticket fees or charges but we do ask that you RSVP to help us plan the events and prepare for you.
- Blas Logo – We are proud to say that the Blas na hÉireann symbol has become one of the most recognisable quality marks for Irish shoppers. You may now use our finalist logo to promote your product. You may also promote that you are a finalist online and in your own promotions. Please log in to your profile on our online entry system to confirm your agreement to our rules for the use of our logo (this will then send a copy of the logo to your email address).
- Finalist Labels – You may now use our 2022 finalist flash label should you wish, you can order them direct from our team. You can find more details here on Blas labels
- The rules – You have at the time of entry confirmed that your product abides by our terms and conditions, it is your responsibility to advise us of any changes of sourcing, ingredients or production which will does not abide by our terms and conditions.
- Your business images & logos – We try to maximise opportunities to promote our finalists and winners online and, in the press, to do this we need to have a bank of good quality images which we can share on your behalf. Please email the images listed below to email@example.com ;
- A copy of your business logo
- An image of your product for promotional use
- An image of you and/or your team that we can share
- You will also be asked to upload an image of your products packaging, which includes details of the ingredients and any allergen or sourcing information which must be displayed
Samples for the Showcase
Blas Showcase Marquee 2022 finalist products will be showcased in The Blas Marquee. This event is designed to showcase the excellent products which have made it to the finals. It is an opportunity for buyers and press to discover the products which have been chosen from the many entries from across the country which represent the very best quality produce in Ireland. Award judges, journalists, buyer and chefs along with our sponsors will be invited to this event which is an opportunity for you to network directly with the people who can grow your business. Bring plenty of business cards and a big smile!
Does a finalist need to send samples? Yes, we ask that you do. Our 2022 finalists represent the very best of Irish food & drink and we want to be sure your finalist product is included in this. The shelves in this shopfloor display will represent the top products in each category. and buyers and press have registered to attend so they can view the very best of Irish all in one place.
This venue is open for private preview to buyers and press only on Thursday 29th. Buyers use this time to preview in advance of the networking on Friday 30th & Sat 1st. This venue is open as a networking space exclusive to Blas finalist producer, buyers and press on Friday 30th 9.30 – 7pm & Saturday 1st from 9am – 5pm
How & when should I send samples? Products should be delivered as they are presented in their packaging to the customer. Samples will be displayed in their shop ready state. Products do not need to be delivered by the producer. Courier deliveries can be accepted. Dates for delivery as follows….
- Chilled & short shelflife samples Deliver to The Blas Village, Green St, Dingle, Co. Kerry. Deliveries accepted on 28th September only 9am – 4pm
- Ambient samples Deliver to Blas na hÉireann, Dykegate Lane, Dingle, Co. Kerry, V92 H365. Deliveries accepted Mon 19th – Fri 23rd September 9am – 5pm
- It is vital that the entry number is included clearly (Example 1a-22-10123) Please include this on the back or underneath every sample so that display products appear at their best.
- Two samples of each product (Note, if your product exceeds 1 kg per sample in this case 1 samples will suffice) Best Before date must be included on each sample. All chilled products should arrive at the correct temperature for storage Sampling & Display in The Marquee
- The finalist products will be displayed in their shop ready state. The Blas team will prepare this display.
- Please note that we will not be able to offer space for display stands, leaflets or sampling.
- We do not have the space or facilities to allow producers to offer samples of the products.
You Chill We Deliver are offering a shared delivery service, find details here
Blas Backyard Online
Online workshops exclusively for Blas 2022 finalists which will help you prepare for the opportunities which may come your way. If you missed them you can get in touch and we can share the recordings
Eat Ireland in a Day
Opportunities for finalists to book a space at a very special market which is a new addition to the Blas Village and will be open to visitors of the Dingle Food festival. Spaces are limited and must be booked asap